Gentle reminder about Covid-19 guidelines
You may have noticed the local media reporting on how the number of Covid-19 cases in the North East is on the rise. Gateshead’s Public Health chief has mentioned that … “coronavirus is still circulating in Gateshead and as restrictions are eased, we must all remain vigilant”. The National media have also reported on pubs in other parts of the UK not adhering to the guidelines and ignoring social distancing. As we head into the weekend and beyond, when we are planning some touch rugby events, we thought it timely that we should remind staff, members and customers to please continue adhering to the guidelines to keep us all safe. These include:
· Signing in during every visit and include a contact number
· Frequently using one of the 6 hand gel stations positioned around the club (as an extra to hand washing)
· Following the one-way routes
· Remain seated indoors
· Keep socially distant
· Use contactless payment method as the 1st option
· Please adhere to the table and seating plan as laid out on arrival and do not move chairs to join another table
The Government guidelines titled Meeting people outside your own household (updated 14th Aug) states the following you should:
• only socialise indoors with members of up to 2 households ‒ this includes when dining out or going to the pub
• socialise outdoors in a group of up to 6 people from different households or up to 2 households (anyone in your support bubble counts as one household)
• not hold or attend celebrations (such as parties) where it is difficult to maintain social distancing and avoid close social interaction – even if they are organised by businesses and venues that are taking steps to follow COVID-19 secure guidelines
We all have lapses now and then and forget the rules. Please do not be offended if you are challenged by other patrons and please respect our staff if asked to comply with the guidelines. We want people to use the club but also to feel safe. We could also receive a visit from the Gateshead Licensing Department at any time to witness our arrangements. Please raise any concerns with the staff or committee.
Thank You. – General Committee
Please see the link below for the guidelines in full.